Friday, October 23, 2009

I’ve been a bad, bad blogger.

Forgive me, dear readers, for I have sinned. It’s been 11 days since my last post. I know what you are thinking: “What could be more important than providing highly entertaining posts for my Dad and my friend Pete, I mean all my thousands of loyal readers on a daily basis?”

I won’t try to come up with excuses, although I have some pretty good ones, like being on deadline with a project at church, preparing my Faith Formation lessons, parent/teacher conferences, dealing with a 26 month old that has decided his crib is a hurdle and that naps are just for babies. It has made for extremely long days.

But you can put away the violins and tissues. I am finally coming up for air. Tonight Mike and the boys (Alexander and Matthew) are at a football game. I spent the night "cleaning" and "straightening"...just in time for the weekend, when it will get dirty and messy all over again.

So, because it is just too hard to catch-up on everything that has been going on... I will just start from the present...

Yesterday, I went on a field trip with Andrew and his pre-school. We went to Bishops Pumpkin Farm (about 30 minutes north of Roseville). We had a great time! It's a gigantic pumpkin farm with a train, acres and acres of pumpkins that you have to take a hayride to and from in order to pick your pumpkin, lots of food, slides and fun stuff for the kids, a pretty good corn maze, this jumpy thing, and a petting zoo.

It was a beautiful Fall day in the 70's. Andrew and Brendan had a great time (the train ride was the biggest hit). All in all, the field trip was a success. At the end of the day...I was exhausted!

Here are a few highlights...