Monday, March 16, 2009

The Thing About Blogging-Part II

I wrote my thoughts about blogging awhile back. I guess I didn't say everything I needed to say because I have a couple more things on my mind in regards to the same subject...

It's about 8 months since I started this journal/writing outlet/scrapbook/communication venue. As I said before I've wavered between hitting the delete button vs. dreaming about it being a way to actually make some money. I've gone between spending an hour a week on the computer when I was just starting out, to wanting to log onto the computer every possible minute. I've thought about posts way too much, and I've been impatient with my life when I don't have the time to do the things I want to do.

In my life, with 5 children, I "pay" for every minute I spend doing something I "shouldn't" be doing. "Shouldn't" isn't the right word, but let's say it's anything that doesn't add to this house running properly and smoothly with little angst on every one's part. I'M IN CHARGE OF THAT whether I want to be or not. And I have high expectations for myself. And if I fail to meet them, I am the one experiencing the angst.

BUT, moms deserve their own time too, and whether you read a book, do your nails, or write, you should make time for yourself. RIGHT? (how come I feel so guilty then?)

I love blogging. But I liked it more when I didn't put expectations on myself to have to come up with something "good" to post about. Really, who am I kidding? This blog is for ME right?!

I like to write. I like to take pictures. I have certain opinions that I have a hard time keeping to myself. I want to remember things my kids have said that are funny, or special, or weird. I want to remember this time of my life. My blog is an outlet for me, and if anyone enjoys reading it, that's a bonus.

In this day and age, there are so many avenues of "memory keeping." My parents have a small collection of photographs and and some memorabilia. I have a little more. My kids will have TONS of photos of themselves (not scrap booked, but photos nonetheless,), video tapes (although not many...I am terrible with the video camera and Mike is even worse), favorite art-work, and this BLOG!

If you like my blog, I'm flattered. If you don't, no hard feelings. I don't "Follow" people, but I do check in on a few "blogger-friends" every couple of days. I might offend you or bore you, and you might think I'm a know-it-all, or bossy, or a prude or too "churchy". I am slightly judgemental of what I perceive is crappy parenting running rampant lately, and I'm not gushy over how much I love my husband. (I think gushy=convincing yourself of something you are not so sure of. I'm sure, therefore, no gush.) I am gushy over my adorable family and clean floors. I record those things that my kids can look back and laugh or cry about when I am long gone. Mostly I'm just writing whatever I think of that day.

So, thanks for reading. If you made it this far. Which you probably didn't. Which means I'm writing to no one. But myself. Which is kind of the whole plan anyways.

Bye.