Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Big Four-O...Take 2

So my post from earlier today was actually written late last night (actually 12:30am this morning). I couldn't sleep and thought I would get a head-start on my obligatory birthday post. I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about...I just started to type,

"Birthday Post #1" is exactly how I had planned to spend my birthday...and I was perfectly fine with it, just that way.

My sister had other plans...

You see, my sister takes her birthday VERY serious (no offense Kristen, you know it is true), and she had a hard time just letting my birthday be "just another day". She has been on my case for a couple months now...."what are we going to do for your birthday?" I did my best to blow her off and just let my day come and go (as I like it). I expressed an interest in a hanging out with her, but no party or big deal. No need to rally the family or a bunch of ""friends" for the cause.

Kristen encouraged me to at least let her come up to Roseville and go out to lunch...with the kids ...since hers on on Spring Break and I still have 2 at home with me. That too was perfectly acceptable, as I love to see the cousins hang out and spend time together.

She arrived last evening, just in time to see Alexander and Matthew's baseball game. She and her kids stayed the night. This morning I awoke to handmade cards from my niece and nephew and a card from my sister. The card said... "You can't say no....at 10:15am you are going to Rejuvenate Spa for a 1 hour facial and a 1 hour massage. I'll handle the kids. I hope you enjoy!"

Well Sister Kris, I did enjoy...very much. I am so thankful for YOU, your kindness, your generosity and your friendship. You not only made my birthday special, but you make my life better because you are my sister! I love you!

Now back to reality!

P.S. Birthday Post #3 will see be coming soon. Actually, it should have been "Birthday Post #1", because it happened last weekend. My week has been crazy busy and I haven't had a chance to write about it. Here is a tease...Mike took me away on a surprise birthday weekend get-away!