Oh, it's just great. It's so cool. I can do so many things!
That's true, Brendan. Why don't you tell us about some of your favorite things to do?
Oh, well, I don't know where to begin!
I sure have been talking a lot lately! I know you like that, too, Mom, since you can actually understand what I want sometimes and I can tell you in almost complete sentences. Especially "no". That's been a lot of fun!
Oh, and of course I should mention how awesome I am at climbing. Mom, I know how impressed you are every time I slide one of the kitchen chairs around in order to climb up onto the counters and get into the high cabinets and get into the snacks and dishes. Oh, you play it cool, but I can tell you're impressed. Isn't that why you put me down and move the chair back to the table? So you can watch me do it over and over again?
And playing outside! There is so much to explore and discover! I can't get enough of being outside! And I know you're bigger and stronger than I am, Mom, but I'm fast, aren't I? I love to run just as fast as my little legs will carry me as soon as I hear the words "time to come inside" And the look on your face, Mom, as you're running behind me just makes me giggle uncontrollably! It's worth the struggle that ensues when you must pick me up and carry me indoors. But, I'm nothing if not tenacious. I will continue to kick and scream and fight you every single time, on the off chance that you might actually give in to my tantrum and let me stay outside for just a few minutes longer.
I LOVE to sing and I know songs that my big brothers would NEVER have known at my age!
I LOVE baseball and have a great "catchers stance" and my throw ain't too bad either!
I CAN ride my Red Rocket Bike like a pro (with training wheels), but give me another month and I will be riding a 2 wheeler!
I LOVE all sports-especially the ones that my big brothers love.
My big brother Andrew is my favorite (shh, don't tell anyone) and my sister is pretty awesome too (although one of these days I am hoping to turn into her "real" baby brother and not her "play" baby.
I LOVE to be put to bed with my Mom or Dad rubbing my belly!
I AM very independent. I want to do everything by myself.
Being three is wonderful!
It sure is. Can you tell our readers how you celebrated your 3rd birthday, Brendan?
Oh, it was an intimate affair at my Nana and Pop's Pine Mountain Lake house. I spent the day with my family and my grandparents! We went for a long walk in the morning and saw lots of deer and spent the afternoon swimming at the pool. Of course, we had my favorite, ICE CREAM CAKE (well, the favorite of my big brothers and sister, so that's what Mom got. And presents! Well, not too many of those. My Mom thinks that I have enough clothes and toys--I mean I do have 4 older siblings, which means lots of hand me downs. I am OK with that now, but I am not sure if she will be able to get away with that rationale for too many more birthdays.
Mom, you look kind of tired. Are you feeling alright?
Well, aside from this "virus" that has been going through the family, I'm fine, thank you. You're such a sweet boy. Besides me, of course, who are some of your favorite people?
Oh, I love my Nana and Pop, and Daddy, of course. Titi and Uncle Sonny are awesome. And all my cousins. They're all so much fun. Even my big brothers and sister have their moments. I love all my east coast relatives that spoil me rotten, Gram, Aunt Barbara, Uncle Tim, Aunt Susan and Uncle Ducky-along with Uncle Bill and Auntie Carolyn.
Don't misunderstand, though. I'm crazy about just anyone. I make eye contact with everyone and anyone who will look my way. I flash my big baby blues and smile! It's all over from there...my dimple and my beautiful smile makes me friends immediately!
Can you tell us a little about mealtime for a three-year-old?
Oh, FOOD-well my mom tell me that I take after my big brothers. I love to eat!
When I'm not seeking thrills by perching precariously on the edge of my stool ( I get a stool cuz I am child #5 and my parents kitchen table only seats six--do you think I was a "surprise"?) I love yogurt! I enjoy the typical fare: grapes, chicken nuggets, spaghetti... But, I must say, Mom, I wish you'd stop wasting your time serving me those vegetables. How many green beans do I have to throw on the floor to make you understand that I refuse to eat them? And don't think you're fooling anyone with that broccoli mixed in with my pasta business. I only eat it because I feel sorry for you.
Well, I appreciate the gesture, Brendan.
You're welcome.
Look, are we almost done here? I've got things to do. As great as this weekend in Pine Mountain Lake has been, I am tired. Your brothers and Dad have been fighting a virus and I would just like to end this interview and get you and everyone else to bed so I can settle in to some really good trash TV and watch my Bachelor--ALONE!!!!
So, let me end by saying how much we love you! You have brought so much happiness to our world. You make us laugh, smile and count our blessings on a daily basis. You make us laugh and you remind us to enjoy life. You make us appreciate the surprises in life and make each day better because you are a part of our family!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE B-WE LOVE YOU!
(Okay, so I embellished Brendan's answers just a bit. I'm pretty sure this is what he meant and, anyway, it was taking way too long to type out his responses phonetically.)