Okay, so I just have one more thing to say about this whole election/inauguration thing (and then I'll shut-up about it).
Obama is now President.
I know, I know. But here's what bugs me and it has NOTHING to do with Obama!.
It's about Oprah! I used to be one of her fans but she is now on my last nerve (I know this will make my dad very happy).
Yes, she is happy, overjoyed, blah blah blah.
Don't tell me to not watch her because I barely do in the first place. I pretty much hate daytime TV and don't usually have the TV on. But, with the inauguration and Catherine home sick this week. I didn't have many other options.
Anyways, I had seen a preview for Oprah's Wednesday show and in a way, I was looking forward to it because she was hyping it up about having some good "political" people on...the first people she introduces?
Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore!
For God's sake.
Then Justin Timberlake...going on and on about how "it's finally now COOL to be an American. "What???
Get real guy..."cool"?!
And wasn't he dating Britney Spears like 2 years ago?
And just have a chart buster called "Sexy Back"?
Who the hell cares what he has to say about something so important?
Demi and Ashton...
Really a pet peeve of mine when people with millions and millions and MILLIONS of dollars that were EASY to come by (for like, playing tricks on people???), homes across the country, tell US how we should all be working to end slavery across the world.
They could write one check and it'd be all gone! (more or less)
Then the media in general...
YOU KNOW if it was a conservative Republican elected, no matter WHO it was, the liberal left media would talk about is how much money was being spent on all these ceremonies and parties and WHAT A WASTE IT ALL IS in such tough economic times.
I'm just bugged by the whole thing.
All this talk about how "Obama" is going to make us better people and more willing to serve our neighbor.
Come on people...YOU are going to make yourself a better person (maybe try fitting God into the equation). YOU can go out and help the less fortunate among us...Obama doesn't need to tell you to do so!
Obama will not make you a better person . It's all about YOU!!
While there is the need to acknowledge the historic significance of our new President, it is just this whole celebrity thing about Obama that is so bothersome.
Okay, I am done now!