Friday, September 18, 2009

"Oh Jen, Stop Your Whining!"

Okay, so I hate that the posting at the top of my blog was so negative. I sound like such a baby..."woe is me...my house is a mess!!" Gosh , I hate being so superficial. That being said, I was really touched by a show on TV this week.

Did any of you watch The Biggest Loser on Wednesday night?

I admit, I do like reality TV. Not all of it but a few of them I really like.

I have never watched the Biggest Loser religiously. Never TIVO or DVRed it.

For any of you "usual's of the show", is every episode such a tear jerker? If I cry like that every week I am not sure I can watch it!!

All the contestants stories have a similar thread. But when it comes done to it, they have all just let themselves get over-weight.

But one women's story is more than I think I could take...Abby Rike.

Her husband, 5 year old daughter and 2 1/2 week old son all were killed in a car accident.

CAN YOU IMAGINE!!?

Your entire family gone in one moment.

Yet, and she gets up everyday (I am quite sure she doesn't complain about a messy house).

She knows there is a reason she is still alive. She said at the end of the episode that to her dying would be easy. It is living everyday that is hard.

She is truly an inspiration for all of us mothers, for her enormous courage of simply going on living, putting one foot in front of the other every day.

She is an amazing example of living in the moment...living in the "how" not the "why" mentality.

A good lesson for me!

So, my cheering will be for Abby Rike. Not just because of her tragic story but because she is such an amazing woman and she is an inspiration me!!