But like anything else, I guess sometimes what you have can be boring. While Andrew was in preschool this morning, I took Brendan to brand new playground close to Andrews school. He had so much fun. I enjoyed just sitting outside ... the weather was just beautiful (since it was 9am, it was still comfortable). What was especially nice was being away from my house and the many distractions. I got to play with Brendan, watch him climb, swing, and slide. There was also the opportunity for me to take some pictures (well, just a couple) which always makes me happy. For a short time there was even a mom with two children that came by and we chatted. She was much younger than me...and her little ones were 1 year and 3 years old. I did feel a bit "old" chatting wit her (I bet she was about twenty-six. She was shocked to find out that my oldest were almost 11yrs old and that Brendan was one of five. I then suddenly felt really old.
While Brendan played away, I got to thinking how I have been stuck in a bit of a rut for the past year or so. I just don't get out of the house as much as I used to. I find it is very easy to get stuck in the routine of staying at home . . . all the time. I mean, I get out everyday to run errands and drive carpool and go to COSTCO, but sometimes it is hard to leave, because if I am not home...things at home are not getting done. Can you say LAUNDRY? However, the time has come that I just need to leave the house regardless of the state that it is in. I need to relax and enjoy my time with Andrew and Brendan and better yet, just relax.
So today's park visit with Brendan was quite beneficial for my mental health. I promised myself that I will take the kids to the park more, arrange more play-dates for Andrew and Brendan and just get out more. I need to take better care of myself and try to nurture the part of me that existed before kids. I also resolve to take more deep breaths now and then and always, always, count my blessings.
"Mom, HELP...I am getting really dizzy!"