Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks- because it is never too late!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year, full of family, fun, football and food...oh yeah, and a run too! What else could be better?

We celebrated at our house. My mom and and dad were here and my sister and her family joined us for the day before and evening of Thanksgiving (they enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with my brother-in-laws family close by). Too bad my brother and his family live too far away and were unable to join us.

We started our day off running the Roseville Turkey Trot. I am so proud of Alexander and Matthew for completing their first 10K run and my mom for running the 5k! Thanks to Uncle Sonny and Pop for staying back home with the little kids so the rest of us could participate in the run. What a great way to start off our day...and for a great cause too!!


I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. I guess I was too busy prepping and cooking. The turkey was DELICIOUS!! Mike used a brine recipe and it made the turkey so moist! YUMMY! We had so much food, as always too much. But you know how it is...everyone wants their favorites. It was so great cooking with my mom. The big boys were down at the park playing football and the little ones hung out and played outside most of the day.
Overall it was a blessed day. And because it is a day that is all about giving thanks, I cannot allow this time to pass without remembering that I have so many things to be thankful for this year.
  • I am thankful for a husband who loves me unconditionally. Without him, I wouldn't have my beautiful children, my safe, warm house, food on the table, clothes on our backs, and the ability to do what I love to do best...be a mom.

  • I am thankful for my beautiful healthy children. They are truly some of the nicest, most thoughtful, respectful kids I know. I am SO proud of each and every one of them. I can't believe they are mine. I love them so much. (Even when they fight, even when they leave their towels on the bathroom floor every single day, even when they____________, I still love them!

  • I am thankful for my parents...that they raised me with simple values and consistency and love and made me realize that hard work gets you everything.

  • I am thankful to be alive. Because a lot of people who would like very much to be are not. Which makes complaining about anything...like wrinkles, dirty floors, and 10 extra pounds pretty darn stupid.

  • I am thankful for my faith. I am not sure how people make it in this world without faith, and I am glad that I'll never have to know.

  • Being a wife and mother can be exhausting, but I thank God for realizing nothing can take the place of a loving family!
For these things (and MANY more), I'm thankful! There are so many things I could complain about, but recognizing the good in my life allows peace and contentment to surface. Someone would love to be in my shoes right now - someone would love to HAVE my shoes! Regardless of our current circumstances, let's be thankful for our life, our family, and for the ability to simply BE.