The Catholic Diocese of Sacramento has launched a Diocesan wide prime time TV advertising campaign during this Christmas season. (In addition to Sacramento, the dioceses in Chicago, Omaha, Providence, R.I., and four other cities launched the same campaign). The commercials are intended to inspire, educate and evangelize inactive Catholics and others to come home to our faith family. They are quite moving! I have teared up watching a few of them.
I guess they ran this campaign in Phoenix and 90,000 Catholic came back. 90,000! That's enough to have to start new parishes just to deal with them all!
I pray that many people will have their faith and dedication re-ignited, and that they will accept the call to conversion whole-heartily, humbly, and joyfully.
I can hardly imagine life without my Catholic faith. It is the greatest of blessings. I hope that many others will discover, or re-discover, that blessing for themselves.
If you are interested in viewing these commerials for yourself, visit http://www.catholicscomehome.org/. (I especially love the testimonials).