OK, it is midnight..I should be in bed, BUT...
Pure exhaustion is setting in...although I cannot sleep.
I have 8 hours to go before the new school year begins and feel like I could be so much more prepared
.
Do home school moms think us thank-God-school-starts-tomorrow-moms are wimps?
You must. And it's OK if you do. I sometimes think it myself.
I just feel at some point in the summer I reach the point of no return.
The point where you just can't catch up:
on laundry
on cleaning
on patience
on fun activities
on sleep
on privacy
on meals
on negotiation skills
on time management
and most of all
on quiet.
Just a few quiet moments. To finish a sentence in my head. A train of thought that lasts till completion. Time to plan, to contemplate, to find the right attitude.
I'm all tapped out now.
I'm ready for the first day of school.(yes, i know that I posted how happy I was that it was all ending just 8 weeks ago)
I am always giddy on the first day of school...half of me could cry...especially when I think my babies are going into 5th grade. And I usually do. But at the same time I'm smiling inside my heart like a fool. I can plan my week with less interruptions. 2 kids at home is somehow more manageable than 5!! I hope to get back to a little bit of a routine. A little time for ME!! Ahhhh!
So as much as I am not necessarily ready for "summer" to be over, and I am not looking forward to the craziness that awaits us, I am looking forward to somewhat quieter days and the chance to "catch-up" during the day....after the kids blow out of the house in the morning for school and blow back in in the afternoon for the after school chaos. Fun times ahead.