Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Took The Pledge...Did you?


Monday's Oprah was major, did you see it? It was all about the dangers of texting and talking on your cellphone while driving. I felt sick watching it. Because I am guilty of doing both. It is something that so many of us do everyday without even thinking about it. After watching that show, I am changed. Whatever it is (especially texting), while I'm in the car... it can wait.

I took the pledge with Alexander and Matthew right next to me. I explained to them what I was doing and why it was so important.

Now, I am not perfect. A phone call may need to be made/answered from time to time, but I am drastically changing my "chit-chatting" behavior while in the car. And, I will NEVER send or respond to another text while driving! NEVER!!!

If I can do any good with this blog, this PSA, is something I want to be a part of. Whether you watch Oprah or not, like her or not, (she's not my favorite) this timely show is something we all need to hear.

I took the pledge, and you can too HERE.