Discipline.
Now don't freak out like my kids did.
I'm not talking about disciplining THEM.
I'm talking about MYSELF.
I need more discipline.
I feel like from the beginning to the end of this year,
I've let time get away from me.
I'm not eating right.
I'm not exercising as much as I need to/would like to.
I have felt like my house cleaning and laundry and cooking is taking over ME, and I'm not in control of it.
Where did my handy dandy schedules go? By the wayside, slowly but surely, over the year.
I DO have time to eat breakfast, lunch, to take a walk, or workout.
I just DON'T and that's plain old stupid.
My mood has been affected my all of this.
I hate that scrambling, not enough time feeling.
It's everything I DON'T want in my life!
I hate feeling less than healthy.
I hate feeling out of shape.
I want to have the time to do things that "fill my cup" and not "empty it".
I want to keep to a strict schedule with the computer...I want to continue blogging, but I want to be disciplined about the time I spend doing it. I can't waste an entire morning with Andrew in pre-school and Brendan finding trouble right under my nos, getting sucked into computer land, and still accomplish all that I want to.
I'm in charge of ALL of this...how I look, how I feel, how this house runs, what I spend my TIME on. If I spend my TIME the way I should, I will have the LIFE I want. Not an unhealthy life, not a scrambling life, not a stressed out life, not a disorganized life, but the LIFE I WANT.
So that's my word. I'm framing my word today.
Happy 2010!
Goodbye 2009!
"Discipline is remembering what you want.”
David Campbell
David Campbell