Dear Mike,
Someone recently mentioned that I don't mention YOU much on the blog. Which is true...and I don't know why. I don't think you care (do you?). Anywho, since it is your birthday, I thought I'd tell you, in my ungushy style, how much I appreciate:
... That you don't complain when you get home from a long day at work to be greeted by me, not with a smile and cheery, calm demeanor, but with a sense of a desperate need for relief and help. I know I need to work on that, but don't see a way around it right now, You get changed quick and jump right in. I can't imagine if you didn't.
... That you are almost always in a good mood. Maybe twice a year you are not, and then you know I can't help pointing it out. How do you do that? (The absence of estrogen helps, but I'll give you credit for ignoring all the other stress's in life and just being happy.)
... That even though there are days I look like I've been through the wringer, you always have something nice to say about me.
...And here are a few more reasons (actually 46--get it) that I love you...
1. You are a practical spender most of the time, but you splurge when appropriate.
2. You are a hard-worker.
2. You are a hard-worker.
3. You never brings your job home or complain about it.
4. You are handsome
5. You don't let things get to you.
6. You proudly have a "Daddy's Girl."4. You are handsome
5. You don't let things get to you.
7. You take the garbage out.
8. You take the kids out for ice cream.
9. You are competitive in sports.
10. You don't care what other people think.
11. You can have a great political discussion/debate.12. You let the kids snuggle in bed with you..sometimes all night.
13. You get up at 4 AM to get to they gym so you can get home earlier.
14. You are not a "toy" or "gadget" type of guy.
13. You get up at 4 AM to get to they gym so you can get home earlier.
14. You are not a "toy" or "gadget" type of guy.
15. You are strong and healthy.
16. You are laid back, and easy to please.
16. You are laid back, and easy to please.
17. You have always supported me in whatever I do.
18. You don’t need the latest and greatest of everything to stay happy.
19. You understand a busy day, even when it seems nothing much got done.18. You don’t need the latest and greatest of everything to stay happy.
20. You treat me like I’m beautiful...even after 18+ years and 5 kids!
21. You let me complain when you leave your clothes on the floor, but you don't complain when I leave mine out (well... I DO have to put them away).
22. You know neither one of us is perfect.
23. You always look on the bright side.
24. You know how to "dine"
25. You are a loving father and in turn our kids adore you
26. You make breakfast for all of us, almost every Sunday morning..."Daddy's World Famous..."!
27. You have a strong faith and make it a priority in your life and in the life of our family.
28. You are willing to roll with the punches
29. Your mello personality balances out my Type A personality.
30. You love to roughhouse with the kids.
31. You have an amazing memory for sports statistics and US History.
32. You love me more than I ever imagined another human being could love me.
33. You love me despite all my insecurities and failures.
34. You put up with all my “issues” – my opinionated viewpoints, my PMS, my obsessive-compulsive personality, my anxious tendencies, my pessimistic attitude.
35. You have wonderful relationships with your sisters and their husbands.
36. You don't seem to mind it that I regularly wrap my icy appendages around you for warmth..."warm em' up babe!"
37. You love my cooking.
38. You get along with my parents and don't mind spending time with them.
39. You sometimes will sacrifice watching your favorite TV channels (ESPN/Fox and History) so I can watch my mindless TV...(trade off is I have to snuggle with you on the couch, right?!)
40. You make great coffee.
41. You have a great Boston accent..even after all these years.
42. You have a great butt (sorry, could leave that one out).
43. You call me to tell me you love me for no reason.
44. You teach our boys how to be men.
45. You are the one who made me a Mother.
46. You and I grow together. We become stronger in our marriage everyday, and I can’t picture the rest of my life without you!
And that's as gushy as I get.
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
