Sunday, February 21, 2010

Firehouse Field Trip

On Thursday, Andrew's preschool class visited the Roseville's Fire Station #1 to learn about fire safety and get a great tour of all the equipment and trucks. Andrew was in HEAVEN--(and Brendan joined the fun too, with big brother taking good care of him)...
Of course the firefighters were super wonderful with the kids. (Seriously, they must do 1,000 field trips--and believe me, I have been to a "few" over the years, but each and every time, they direct the field trip like it is their first time doing it). Gotta love those fireman!!
During part of the presentation, one of the firefighters got into the uniform they would be wearing if entering a fire. For Brendan, well...he freaked out a bit and became "one with me" as he was so frightened and hugging me so tight. The gear with the mask and all is very scary looking and oxygen tank makes lots of noise and beeps. So this fire fighter got down to their level and he pretended with the kids. He walked them through a scenario..."if they were in a burning house and they saw a fire man" that looked like him. I had Andrew and Brendan go up and touch him. They were told "you are to go TOWARD the fire fighter, not under your bed and AWAY from the firefighter". The fire station is a great place to become familiar with a fire fighter. Lets just hope we never have to meet one in our own home. Before we left the firehouse, I wanted to get a few pictures of the boys by the trucks. Well, they were in a silly mood. I could barely get them to cooperate. As you can see.. they had the "sillys"...
This is a picture with some of Andrew's classmates and his teacher...
After the fire station, we headed over to a nearby park to enjoy the nice weather and some play-time... Good times! Thanks you fire fighter's from Roseville Station 1. See you soon...I know I have a least 2 more firehouse field trips in my future!