Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Fat Tuesday...The Last Hurrah

Tomorrow marks the beginning of another Lenten season. I have been prayerfully reflecting on my personal list of resolutions. Lent is one of my favorite times of the liturgical calendar. I always look forward to Lent and make grandiose spiritual plans every year that inevitably end up in disappointment. I suppose I expect to make some miraculous change in myself and that all my faults will suddenly disappear if I just make a good enough and holy enough Lent. It never happens.

I really want this Lent to be about well, preparing for Easter. I still have some time to decide what I will be "giving-up/doing" for Lent. My list is almost finalized. I will post more tomorrow about my Lenten plans.

As a side-note, we had a wonderfully relaxing weekend at Pine Mountain Lake with my Mom and Dad. I will post more about that later in the week. For now, I have lots of laundry to catch up on, a pot-luck meal to make for our church Mardi-Gras dinner and prayer service tonight, and the kids need to be picked up from school in just 1 hour!