Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday to my girl!

She's NINE
and
what a FINE age it is!
I can’t believe how time flies so fast. I cannot believe that my baby girl is nine years old today. It feels just like yesterday when I gave birth and first held her in my arms (with all the 9/11 sadness and tragedy in the background), wondering what kind of world I brought her into).
In honor of Catherine's birthday...here are 9 wonderful things about my special girl ... (and there are way more than that) ...

1. You are a thinker ... you can always see your mind working.
2. You ask a lot of questions. While sometimes this can drive me nuts, I'm pretty sure it will get you far in life ;) .
3. You are strong and agile. Your soccer is really coming along!
4. You are quirky and unique. Hopefully those traits will serve you well. Originality is much more becoming to me and I hope that people who surround you will find it endearing.
5. You are a people-pleaser...this doesn't always include me ;-)
6. You are VERY observant (sometimes we think you have a photographic memory)!
7. You cannot stay mad or hold a grudge for long. Just like your dad, you forgive quickly & easily. This is probably one of the best traits you get from Dad.
8. You can hang with big boys just as easily as kids your own age and you take such great care of your younger brothers.
9. You are confident and I pray you always stay that way!

Catherine, I love you forever and always.  I look forward to a lifetime of experiences with you. Thank you for all the smiles and even some of the tears. Thank you for always loving me and teaching me everyday how to be a better person. Thank you for being a part of our family. But most of all…Thank you for just being you.

HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY!  We love you and are SO proud of you.
Love, Mom