Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I needed a haircut....BADLY!

I'm sure I am not the only woman who goes through this. You know when you get your hair cut (in late APRIL) and it looks good for 6 weeks. Then you say you will hold out until the 10 week mark because those appointments are spendy. Then suddenly it is summer and you decide that maybe you would like to grow out your hair. It's hot anyway, so the updo ALMOST looks stylish.

THEN ...

School starts and things get busy. The hair goes from looking needy to a strangely good phase.

But then ...

One day you wake up and realize that there really is nothing you can do to make the hair look better. The hair is limp and the highlights are 3 inches off the root line.

WELL, that was me!

Last week I finally said that I had had it (after checking the calendar and seeing that I had my hair cut and highlighted back on April 29th, just 2 days before Catherine's First Communion), I needed to do something about the mop on the top of my head!

So I called to schedule an appointment and of course it would be 3 weeks before she had an opening!  UGHHHHH!!!

I asked to be put on her "cancellation list" in hopes that I could get in sooner.

YAY!!!  She called yesterday and had an opening for TODAY!! 

I was able to sneak out for an hour and GOT THE HAIRCUT that I soooooooo needed!

Feeling SO MUCH better now...you know, the "LOOK GOOD/FEEL GOOD" thing!

So there!

I admit that I think looks are important.

They are not everything, but ...

For me, they have a little to do with how I feel each day!