-1-
I started decorating the house (inside and out) last weekend but still have not finished. Hopefully I will get the rest of it finished this weekend. I'm very behind on my Christmas shopping but I am trying to not get all worked up about it. It will get done. Things like Christmas shopping are a bit difficult with a little one who tends to scream loudly every time I put him in his car seat and a three year old who refuses to sit in a shopping cart and WANTS everything he sees.-2-
It's Friday and my kids do not have school today---AGAIN! They just had 2 weeks off...went back for 4 days and are off AGAIN today. How is a mom supposed to get anything done?-3-
-4-
Alexander had a special lunch with his teacher this week. He had earned/accumulated "tickets" for doing things in class...(i.e. staying on task, doing what he is supposed to do in a timely manner). At the end of the trimester the students are able to "buy" different things (candy, toys OR lunch with the teacher). For 50 tickets Alexander got to leave campus and go to Taco Bell with Mrs. Seffens. He was thrilled. He LOVES her. At any rate, I am really posting about this because he came home and told me about his lunch. During lunch Mrs. Seffens asked him if he thought his mom (ME) would go back to work after all the kids were in school. Well, he told her he didn't think so and that I would probably just stick to "blogging" "Craigslist" and Facebook! LOL!!!!-5-
I have been working on something new for me: letting go of total control. I tend to be quite a control freak at times. Can't figure it out, but I've been trying to let go. I let the kids handle most of the decorating of the Christmas tree with very little input from me (it's far from perfect, but...). And I was quite surprised to find that the world did not end, the ornaments look beautiful. The kids are so proud of themselves and they had fun, too.-6-
I think that I have discovered the psychological reason for why laundry causes me so much mental anguish. It will never be done. No matter how many loads you wash or how many hampers you empty while you're getting down the last load, it will never be done. Somebody is always wearing something. Towels and washcloths are always being used. It will never be done. It's not like sweeping, where it looks good for at least 30 minutes. Laundry will never be completely done.-7-
It is already time to sign the kids up for Spring sports...and write the check! Baseball/Softball registration always comes right before Christmas. Like I have an extra $300 just laying around. Basketball starts January 3rd and Catherine will be giving it a shot this season too!And that's it.
Have a blessed weekend!