Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Matter of Appearance...

Do you ever wonder what people mean when they say,
"That is so you!"
I do. I wonder what they think "me" is. It is very difficult to know "who" a person is entirely. I am famous for looking at people who seem to have it all together and wondering what about me is keeping me from pulling it all off. Mike is always telling me I'd get more done if I tried to do less. Maybe he's right,
but I want to get it ALL done. . .
and eat my cake too.
I want to be one of THOSE people. You know who I mean. They exist on your block, at church, at work, all over blogland, and on Wisteria Lane. They set a tough standard. . .don't they? Or is it only half the story? That little illusion is one that I think about often. Just the other day, when I was in the midst of a war zone I like to call my house, after a night and morning of running around trying to play catch up on all the things I am behind on and under my breath promises to myself that I was going to take back control of my life and get organized--an acquaintance of mine complimented me on my organization and ability to get things done. Seriously, who did she think I was? One of THOSE people? Does this mean all of THOSE people are just a figment of my imagination? That makes me feel better. . .except it doesn't.
I still want to get it all done...
without the looking haggered, or needing a nanny. . or a housekeeper--well maybe a housekeeper (that would be nice). What I am getting at is, I need to remember that things are rarely as they appear and I am way too caught up in appearances lately. It's something I really need to work on...(note to self!). In fact, one of my former co-workers at Buca told me I reminded her of "Bree" on Desperate Housewives---HA! Actually, I am really a "Lynette".
So I suppose my new mantra is...
Be kind to to others, be a true friend, blog like no one is listening, ignore the negative and embrace the positive.... just be yourself.