
Long time no blog! It has been quite a busy week and I have found very little time to sit down, upload photos and write about all of our Christmas happenings. I think that time has sped up exponentially! I can't believe that it is already almost a week after Christmas. There is so much anticipation with Christmas, isn't there? We plan for months for the day, sometimes for what we are going to give. And then it comes. And then it's over. I am going to attempt to wrap up our celebration with a few details and pictures!
Each year "The Elves" deliver packages to our front door. We excitedly open the gifts of new jammies for the whole family. Before heading to bed, we left treats for Santa and carrots and cheese for the reindeer. 


.jpg)
The kids were up and down out of their beds all night long. I think I was tapped on the shoulder by one of the kids at least 4 times between 1:30am and 6:30am when we finally gave in to their anticipation and excitement! Remember that feeling of not being able to fall asleep? You felt like you could just flip flop like a fish in your bed all night long? I don't think anyone forgets it!





We had a wonderful dinner of Prime Rib, yummy side dishes, great wine and good times! This year we were also joined by our neighbors. I love a crowded house on holidays. The more the merrier!
I think my kids were equally as excited for their cousins (well, some of them) to join us as they were for Santa to come! My sister and her family spent Christmas Eve at their own home, then Christmas Day and the day after and her in-laws and then came to our house on Saturday. My mom and dad were still visiting. The cousins had a great time running around & just being together. There were more presents and more fun. I just wish my brother and his family could have joined us too. We miss you guys out there in North Carolina.



WHEW! That's that. Now the clean-up begins. Mike and I have been enjoying a few days with only the two little ones. Alexander and Matthew went home with my sister and Catherine went home with my mom and dad. It's been a nice break. Brendan and Andrew are still a handful, but with Mike on vacation this week, it's been an even 2 on 2!! We leave in just a little while to go pick up Alexander and Matthew and then on New Year's Day we will head to Carmel to pick up Catherine.
I am so grateful for this season, for my family and friends near and far! Grateful and thankful for a season that allows me to slow down & to remember the birth of our Christ & ALL that is good in this world. I hope your day was magical & filled with the spirit.
All in all, we had a great Christmas at our house. The week long preparations paid off and most things went without a hitch. I actually got ALL of my wrapping done BEFORE Christmas Eve night, which made me quite proud and less stressed... (and surprised my mom too!). We had three rounds of presents and everyone was happy in the end. Our first round was Christmas Eve which were presents from "The Elves". Round two was the presents Santa left for Christmas morning along with our gifts to the kids, gifts from Nana and Pop and all our far away family in Boston. Round three was my sister and her family coming on the Saturday after Christmas for another gift exchange. That's a lot of paper, bows, and tissue.
I will have to say that the kids came away the winners! They were all quite happy with what Santa and family gave to them. Some of the gift highlights were...Guitar Hero, Wii Fit, Ugg-like boots and an IPod Shuffle for Catherine, new Patriots jersey's for Alexander and Matthew, a new bike for Andrew, and a ride on turtle for Brendan.
Christmas Eve:
We went to the 3;30 Family Mass. Alexander and Matthew were 2 of the Three Kings and Catherine was an Angel in the Children's Christmas pageant. Mass was very crowded. In fact, our parish has 6 Christmas Eve masses and each one is equally as crowded. There are 2 masses going on at the same time at 3:30pm and 5:30pm (one in the church and one in the Social Hall). There is then a 7:30pm and a midnight mass. Whew---lots of people! 

After mass we returned home for our Annual Christmas Eve party with friends. For the past few years we have invited anyone (friends and family) who don't have other plans. We have a casual evening of appetizers, cocktails and socializing. It usually ends around 8-9pm so we can all get home and get our kids in bed for Santa's arrival. Thanks to all our friends who joined us this year. Mom and Dad, I am glad you were with us too!
Each year "The Elves" deliver packages to our front door. We excitedly open the gifts of new jammies for the whole family. Before heading to bed, we left treats for Santa and carrots and cheese for the reindeer. 


.jpg)
The kids were up and down out of their beds all night long. I think I was tapped on the shoulder by one of the kids at least 4 times between 1:30am and 6:30am when we finally gave in to their anticipation and excitement! Remember that feeling of not being able to fall asleep? You felt like you could just flip flop like a fish in your bed all night long? I don't think anyone forgets it!
Then...an early morning of opening presents and a day spent hanging out, preparing dinner, lots of time on the Wii, Andrew riding his new bike, Catherine changing into a new outfit every time we turned around and the frustration of opening kids packaged toys (darn they make the boxes "adult-proof")!




We had a wonderful dinner of Prime Rib, yummy side dishes, great wine and good times! This year we were also joined by our neighbors. I love a crowded house on holidays. The more the merrier! December 27th--
Christmas with the cousins
I think my kids were equally as excited for their cousins (well, some of them) to join us as they were for Santa to come! My sister and her family spent Christmas Eve at their own home, then Christmas Day and the day after and her in-laws and then came to our house on Saturday. My mom and dad were still visiting. The cousins had a great time running around & just being together. There were more presents and more fun. I just wish my brother and his family could have joined us too. We miss you guys out there in North Carolina.




WHEW! That's that. Now the clean-up begins. Mike and I have been enjoying a few days with only the two little ones. Alexander and Matthew went home with my sister and Catherine went home with my mom and dad. It's been a nice break. Brendan and Andrew are still a handful, but with Mike on vacation this week, it's been an even 2 on 2!! We leave in just a little while to go pick up Alexander and Matthew and then on New Year's Day we will head to Carmel to pick up Catherine.I am so grateful for this season, for my family and friends near and far! Grateful and thankful for a season that allows me to slow down & to remember the birth of our Christ & ALL that is good in this world. I hope your day was magical & filled with the spirit.