Monday, December 1, 2008

LIFE ...the good, the bad, and the reality...

I've realized over the last few months I've been pretty emotional. My family ... we are busy people (like so many others) and we like to change things up a lot which puts a good amount of stress on me. I know that I have my mix of good and bad days. Sometimes it is evident in the words you see on my blog. I want to keep things real, but then I don't want to seem like a downer. Balancing my life right now is proving to be difficult. With the holidays quickly approaching, I am feeling all the stress and responsibilities of all that needs to get done falling upon my shoulders. This is not to say that Mike is not willing to help, but he is busy with work and being honest, isn't usually up to the "mom" to get it all done?! From one minute to the next my reactions to people and situations can be all over the place. I need a break !!

...My 3 year old is going through one of those lovely little independent phases and I need to direct my attention to him more.

...My family needs me to be more present in their lives.

...I need to step up my work-out routine...it always makes me feel more balanced.

...I need to take one day at a time and focus on what I DO accomplish each day...not what I DO NOT!

...I need to find the ability to do things in moderation.

So, as a reminder to myself, I will focus on this...a little treasure I stumbled upon today...

Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.

~Mother Teresa