My thoughts on the octuplets and their mother, Nadya Suleman.
I do not think it is uncharitable to say that a single mother is not meant to raise 6 children alone, much less adding 8 more newborns at once. It's not meant to be. It is NOT natural. And for good reason... God does intend for children to come into a home with a mother and a father (ideally, I believe). God intends for us to conceive naturally, so as to not have "litters" of HUMANS. Nadya herself said it best... that "no human can" raise eight newborns alone. I am so sad for her 14 children, and for her. I did watch her interview, and I was stunned by her words. Her entire interview was full of "I wanted... I needed... these were MINE." Motherhood is not about US, but about the children. Using children to fulfill a personal need is not healthy, and flies in the face of what being a mother is all about. I cannot imagine what kind of life these poor babies will lead, so many children without a father and without the ability to be held, loved, and nurtured by their mother the way that newborn so desperately need. I am not saying she cannot love them, but realistically... there are not enough hours in the day for the newborns to get that crucial skin-on-skin bonding time with Mommy. That is completely separate as well from the other six children, three with special needs that qualify for disability payments.
I have to also mention the CORRUPT and INCOMPETENT, LAME EXCUSE FOR A MEDICAL DOCTOR who CLEARLY abused his patients and NEEDS HIS LICENSED REVOKED IMMEDIATELY and ALSO JAILED. Or maybe, they should just make him take care of all 14 of those children. All the diapers, formula, late nights, colic, diaper rash, car seats, school fees, proms, COLLEGE, weddings, you know… EVERYTHING… since I’m sure he's at home swimming in his money pool financed by all the poor women who sought him for fertility treatments.
My issue with this story has NOTHING to do with the welfare debate. These children are here, and they are good, and their lives are sacred. There should be no argument that they shouldn't get the resources they need to survive. But... if she were truly cognizant of the real needs of her young children and had mental clarity, I do believe she would allow the babies to be adopted into stable homes with both mother and father. That would be the most loving thing she could possibly do for them."Giving them up" would undoubtedly rip her heart out... but, it would also give them a chance to be held, nurtured, fed, and provided for in a way that one woman alone simply cannot.
They need our prayers... both the mother and the children.
I have been having a little bout with insomnia lately. It comes in waves, for some reason. My mind just seems to choose the middle of the night to think about EVERYTHING! When I'm lying in bed, watching the numbers flip on the digital clock near my bed, I always debate the option of getting up vs. staying in bed. I worry that getting up will just wake me up even more and prevent a possible drifting-off scenario. But, then, after I've laid there for an hour or so, I figure I'm wasting time that I could be getting something done. Like laundry? Like blogging? A few nights ago, at 2:30am, I was IM'ing with a friend on Facebook. I was so surprised to find her up and on line at the crazy hour of 2:30am as well.

I spent far too long writing #1 above, therefore, the remaining #4-#7 are going to have to be quick or I this will not get posted today, and my family won't get dinner and the 1,000 things on my to-do list will continue to not get checked off.
I am just 2 weeks away from heading to Los Angeles for Religious Education Congress. I am already starting to stress about all that needs to get done before I leave. I am not talking about getting myself ready, I am talking about getting my family ready for me to be gone for 4 entire days.
-6-
Mike has been on Weight Watchers since the beginning of January. He wanted to lose about 25lbs. He is so disciplined and has been doing great. He has lost 18lbs so far. I wish I was having as much luck as him. Our trip to DisneyWorld is just about a month and a half away. I need to think "shorts and bathing suit". Perhaps that will give me the motivation I need!!
-7-
I was busted being the "Tooth Fairy" this week. Yep, it's all over. Alexander so caught me...on my hands and knees next to his bed with my hand under his pillow. I had no reasonable excuse to be in that position in his room at midnight. The next morning he was very gracious. He gave me a good morning hug and whispered in my ear that he promises not to say anything to anyone else. He's such a good boy. Later in the week he asked me if I recorded the $1 on our "family spending sheet"
Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend!! Thanks for reading.