Monday, February 23, 2009

I Don't Care About the Oscars!

Maybe it's because I am not a huge movie-goer (except if it is rated G and it's intended audience is geared for the under 10 crowd). Honestly, even before I had kids, movies are not my favorite way to pass my free time. Therefore, I have never been a huge fan of the Oscars. Perhaps it's because I rarely have seen any of the movies nominated. (I know, I sound really boring, huh?)
BUT,
last night, my favorite Sunday night show (Brother's and Sisters) was not on. After the kids were all in bed and Mike too (to get up for his 4am gym date), I sat down to "relax"(aka...blog/FaceBook/LAUNDRY) and caught a little bit of the Academy Awards.
BORING!
Actually, I am going to make this short and sweet...
I am SOO tired of spoiled celebs walking down carpet after carpet in millions of dollars worth of jewels, while the rest of the country tanks. Where's the red carpet for my kids teachers who are teaching them to read, write and and do algebra in the 4th grade? Or the awards for heart surgeon who just transplanted a new heart into a my sister's friend's 12 year old son? I'm supposed to get excited about what Sean Penn or Kate Winslet did last year? Gimme a break.
And just one more thing...
I am also tired of being preached to by actors. Entertainment people seem to think that they know what is best for our families. I am an educated person and can decide on the issues and guide my children according to my values! (If you saw Sean Penn's or Dustin Lance Black's acceptance speeches, you will know what I am talking about!)
Hope those of you that enjoy that type of entertainment were entertained. As for me, can't wait until next Sunday's Brother's and Sisters!