Friday, February 13, 2009

Boy vs. Coffee Table...

COFFEE TABLE WINS!!!

Well, this afternoon, in the midst of playdates and post-school Valentine's Day parties and sugar highs, I was faced with Andrew who fell head first into the coffee table in our living room. Lots of blood and tears were had by all (Andrew-hurt...Alexander. Matthew and Catherine freaked out by his crying and all the BLOOD!). After farming out the other kids to neighbors (Mike was not home from work yet), I headed to the ER. OHHHH, what a nightmare!! ER's are not my favorite place. There are some freaky people out there!

In the end, Andrew had to get seven stitches under his right eyebrow. This was not a pleasant experience. Out of 5 children, only 1 has needed stitches thus far (Matthew, last year, chin). Tonight, I think I was equally as traumatized by the whole experience as Andrew. I did have to fight back the tears while they strapped him down to the bed in order to keep him still during the stitches. Did you hear him screaming from where you are? Luckily he is young so the scar will have plenty of time to fade. Boys don't care about scars as much anyway.

He is asleep next to me right now. Worn out by the days activities and emotions. ME TOO!!