Friday, February 6, 2009

Quick Take Friday...Sunday Edition

-1-
I know it's not Friday, but what can I say? I'm a little off in more ways than just the date.

-2-
I love early mornings, but I don't like getting up early. Does that sound nuts? Once I'm up (especially if I can get a shower asap), I'm good. It's just the getting up that's hard. The kids are usually up by 6:30, and it always works out better when I get myself up at 5:30. That means I have an hour to myself before the day starts... shower, coffee, make the kids lunches, and listen to my news show. It helps me to be a much happier, calmer, and more effective person.

-3-
Lent is only 3 weeks away. I need to start thinking about what I am going to do for Lent. Why is it that I always start out Lent with such fervor and high expectations and before I know it I just slide back into a normal kind of routine? Part of the problem is I try to do too much, to fit everything I can into Lent. I need to keep it simple and perhaps I can get more out of it. That's the point afterall!

-4-
I don't think I've mentioned this before, but a guilty pleasure of mine (just one of the many) is the show The Bachelor. There are so many reasons to watch it:

1) Train wreck.
2) Comedy.
3) Drama.
4) Train wreck.
5) Humans are weird.

I am intrigued this season because the Bachelor this time is a divorced guy with a little boy about Andrew's age and he seems to desperately want a family. He was also thrown over by Deanna Pappas last season, who chose a snow boarder instead! Whatever. Anyway, last week Jason, The Bachelor, was going on about how he wants a woman who is ready for marriage, who knows what it takes, who wants to be a good step-mom, but still have chemistry with him, on and on and on. So who does he eliminate? Stephanie Hogan. The widowed lady with a little girl, who was happily married, knows what parenting is all about and was falling for him!And he kept all the hot looking 20-somethings who have never been married, (although judging from their answers on a radio talk show, some of them have been having lots of sex). I hope it works out for Jason but I have a feeling this isn't going to end well either.

-5-
To separate or not to separate? Mike and I are in the process of trying to decide if we should place Alexander and Matthew back in the same class next year. We decided to separate them this year (4th grade) and it is proving to be a not so positive experience for them. The pros and cons of whether we should continue to keep them separated or put them back together are endless and everyone has an opinion. I have realized the only problem with accepting advice a from a third party is that they don't know my children--my unique children who can't necessarily be compared to any other set of twins. I need to remember that while it's fine to collect schools of thought and ask our friends and family for their opinions, at the end of the day, they are my children and if there is a decision to be made - it is going to be made by me (and Mike too, of course) . And ... if there is a mistake to be made - it will be ours to make!

-6-
We've got people! Mike is off to get our taxes done today. We are hoping for a hefty return as we already have plans for all of it...pay off the credit card, deposit money into the kids college accounts, spending money for DinseyWorld!

-7-
OK, since I am probably boring you to death with my not so exciting or quick "quick takes", here a some random photos of the kiddos...enjoy!

Until next time!