Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Thing About Blogging...

I have a love/hate relationship with blogging.

Hate:
1. Another obligation. To who? I guess to ME. I didn't start blog with anyone else in mind. It has now turned into "one more thing I HAVE to do". It sounds crazy, I know. I mean, this is just a hobby. Why has it turned into an obligation? An obligation I enjoy, nonetheless. (see love/hate).

2. The envy I sometimes feel when I see things...photography, design, incredibly cute hand-made crafts, organization ideas etc...that is NOT be a part of my life right now. Not with with trying to be a good mom. Although, I feel like some of those things would make me a better mom (again, love/hate). And the fact that I feel any little bit of envy bugs me more than the actual envy. Does that even make sense?

3. The "mask" of illusion blogging provides. Need I say more?

4. It's time consuming (wasting, to be honest). Like now, for example, I should be folding laundry, paying bills, cleaning the house, getting out of the house, etc..., but instead I'm blogging about how much time I am wasting!

Love:
1. The creative outlet writing provides. It gives me the chance to utilize any remaining brain cells I have left, especially since I am not working outside the home right now.

2. That family and friends can get a laugh once in awhile and keep up on the kids. And I get a memory book of my life, meanwhile.

3. I love when I find other bloggers who are a lot like me and that helps me to feel better about my life, my anxieties, my weaknesses (insecure girl thing, indeed). Most of all, I love that I find bloggers with similar view points on raising their families. I feel like there are so many woman taking the responsibility and demands of staying home seriously and are PROUD of it!