Scene: In the kitchen. Andrew requests a toasted bagel. I make him one. And slather it with peanut butter. LIKE I ALWAYS DO. And hand it to him.
Andrew, knees buckling and collapsing onto the floor: I didn’t want peanut butter. I HATE PEANUT BUTTER.
Me: No, you don’t. You like peanut butter.
Andrew, still wailing: I don’t want peanut butter. I just want a bagel.
Me: Okay, next time I will give you a plain bagel.
Andrew: Wahhhhh wahwah Waaaaaaahhhhhhh. Woe is me. My entire life sucks. Wahhhhhhhhh.
Me: Sorry, I’m not wasting the bagel.
Andrew: Wahhhhhhh Wahhhhhhh Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Me: FINE...I’ll eat the bagel for you. I'll just make you another one!!!!
I toast Andrew The Unreasonable a new bagel. I put it onto the counter and ask him if he wants butter on it or if he is going to eat it plain.
Andrew, finger to his chin like he is deep in thought: I think I will have peanut butter
Me: WHAT???
Andrew: YEP!
Me: WHAT???
Andrew: Yes, I think I will have peanut butter.
Me: Then what was all the crying and screaming about?
Andrew: Well, sometimes I just change my mind!.