Friday, April 17, 2009

Yard Panic

Every year about this time, when a burst of warm weather hits, I stand in the yard and panic. It looks so ugly. Weeds and leaves everywhere, What if it stays like this, I think. All I can see is all the work that needs to be done. It overwhelms me how many weeds accumulate over the winter. Where to begin?

What I really want to do is hire someone to do a spring clean-up. I usually don't outsource, but it's just so much work. In my opinion, why would I not hire 2 grown men for 3 hours or so, with large equipment, to do what will take me weeks of work. Yard work for me usually involves flared up allergies, blistered hands, keeping track of the little boys and yelling at them to stop throwing dirt balls into the pool, exhausted by the time the older kids get home, (Yes, I do have a husband, but he hates yard work more than anything, and doesn't see the mess the way I do.)

Now I sit in the kitchen and stare out the window at the mess wishing I had the money to hire someone. I am sure it would be worth every penny. I could still get to work in the yard, but do the "fun" stuff...planting, a little straightening up, and edging out.

So, you ask...What are my weekend plans? Take some Allegra, put on the gardening gloves and dig into the mess! Here's hoping your plans are more exciting than mine!