
Or maybe I should say “it’s game time.”
Did you know that according to Wikipedia “Labor Day marks the beginning of the season for the National Football League and NCAA College Football? The NCAA usually plays their first games the weekend of Labor day, with the NFL traditionally playing their first game the Thursday following Labor Day.” (FYI: This Thurs. 9/4, the Washington Redskins play the New York Giants at 7pm).
What this means to me is that I will only be seeing my husband and oldest boys during half-times and timeouts until Super Bowl Sunday is over in February.
My husband claims that I have this uncanny talent for talking during important plays and not saying a word during commercials. I can’t help it if I find the commercials more entertaining than the game.
Now, don't get me wrong. I have actually developed a considerable interest in football over the past 5 years or so (considering I didn't have muich of a choice if I ever wanted to have contact with my husband or children on Sunday's). I mean really...how couldn't I get involved when our favorite team (The New England Patriots) have had a phenomenal run these past few years. I do enjoy the game (and understand it) more than I ever have. I do get sick and tired of the constant background noise of random football games constantly on the TV. We do need to find a happy medium.
Mike claims that he is being a good father, exposing his boys to sports early, with hopes of them catching the bug like he did, and becoming life-long sports enthusiasts. It is part of his retirement plan that they both get drafted into the major leagues and thank mom and dad by buying us a retirement home in Carmel! Ahh…
Mike believes that football is the only good thing about summer coming to an end!
So, ARE WE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?