
Dearest Catherine,
You came into our world, one early morning, seven years ago, introducing us to an entirely new experience ...that of being a healthy full term-baby. There was such tragedy and disaster going on in the world outside our hospital room in Roseville. I remember holding you in my arms moments after your arrival...counting your fingers and toes and looking at your perfectly plump rosy cheeks, thinking "That's what I have been carrying all these months"? I sang you Happy Birthday with tears of joy and relief streaming down my face. In the back of my mind I was thinking "what have I done"? Bringing a baby into this world now seemed to be a selfish and terrifying thought (less than 48 hrs. after the 9/11 attacks). I prayed God would protect you.... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11. Catherine, you have definitely brightened our lives over these last 7 years and we are so blessed that you are our daughter. You hold a very special place within our family.
You are happy to be at the center of the action. I am so proud of the big girl you are becoming: friendly, self-confident, creative, independent, enthusiastic. You often march to the beat of your own drummer. That will not always be the easiest path for you, but if you stay true, I believe that you will be happy and well-adjusted and self-aware. You remind me a bit of myself. Being popular was never my primary goal. I wanted to be liked, but I didn't care by how many necessarily. You are like me, but I'm also reminded frequently that your are not me. You have strengths that I didn't have, and I'm sure you will have weaknesses that I didn't struggle with (as well as unfortunately some that I did). Happy Birthday to my only daughter... my "Pookie". Always remember your are loved by your whole family. Always have faith and stay true to yourself. I have faith in you my beautiful daughter. Your family will love you forever and we look forward to a lifetime of experiences with you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET, SWEET CATHERINE!
You came into our world, one early morning, seven years ago, introducing us to an entirely new experience ...that of being a healthy full term-baby. There was such tragedy and disaster going on in the world outside our hospital room in Roseville. I remember holding you in my arms moments after your arrival...counting your fingers and toes and looking at your perfectly plump rosy cheeks, thinking "That's what I have been carrying all these months"? I sang you Happy Birthday with tears of joy and relief streaming down my face. In the back of my mind I was thinking "what have I done"? Bringing a baby into this world now seemed to be a selfish and terrifying thought (less than 48 hrs. after the 9/11 attacks). I prayed God would protect you.... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11. Catherine, you have definitely brightened our lives over these last 7 years and we are so blessed that you are our daughter. You hold a very special place within our family.
You are happy to be at the center of the action. I am so proud of the big girl you are becoming: friendly, self-confident, creative, independent, enthusiastic. You often march to the beat of your own drummer. That will not always be the easiest path for you, but if you stay true, I believe that you will be happy and well-adjusted and self-aware. You remind me a bit of myself. Being popular was never my primary goal. I wanted to be liked, but I didn't care by how many necessarily. You are like me, but I'm also reminded frequently that your are not me. You have strengths that I didn't have, and I'm sure you will have weaknesses that I didn't struggle with (as well as unfortunately some that I did). Happy Birthday to my only daughter... my "Pookie". Always remember your are loved by your whole family. Always have faith and stay true to yourself. I have faith in you my beautiful daughter. Your family will love you forever and we look forward to a lifetime of experiences with you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET, SWEET CATHERINE!