Sunday, September 7, 2008

Here's to my friend Jen! Thinking of you today...

OK, so how does this sound for a nice Sunday bike ride... 72-miles!! Not just any 72 miles, but the Tour de Tahoe – Bike Big Blue course which circumnavigates Lake Tahoe in both Nevada and California. It includes a challenging 800-foot climb to a rest stop overlooking Emerald Bay and a 1,000-foot climb to Spooner Junction. There are also many short rolling ascents and descents totaling over 2,600 vertical feet of elevation gain! The altitude ranges between 6,300 feet and 7,100 feet above sea level. (I am tired just typing about it!).

Well, my dear friend Jen Payan and her husband (along with 2 other couples) are taking part in this event TODAY!! I am so proud (and jealous) of her for taking on this challenge. Don't get me wrong, Jen is a healthy, fit and dedicated person. She discovered her love for road biking not too long ago and has been very much looking forward to this challenge today.

She has been in my thoughts and prayers (for strength, safety and fun) all morning and she will remain so until I get to talk to her on Tuesday. Until then, HERE'S TO YOU JEN.. YOU ROCK MY FRIEND. (Maybe I can get her to e-mail me some pics and I will post them to my blog with follow-up details...hint-hint).