Thursday, September 25, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alexander and Matthew OR Happy Mommy Day to me!

Happy 10th Birthday Alexander and Matthew and Happy Mommy Day to me. It is unbelievable to me that I became a mother for the first time 10 years ago. You have both grown in so many ways, and have made us grow in ways I never thought possible. You have been our "guinea pigs" as your dad and I blunder through our parenting philosophies, trying them out, and crying to heaven for the grace to be the best parents we can be. You are very tolerant of us, and our trials and errors!

You are both a gift from God. At first glance you were so small, I hardly saw a babies at all...with tubes and wires attached everywhere. It was a frightening sight and you both were in for a big fight. Not even 4 pounds, you looked like skin and bones, Your bodies so small with problems so big, but you fought hard and continued to grow. So many fears, so many tears. You fought the fight and came out on the other end healthy and happy babies. You have grown into such amazing and loving boys. I love you both more than words can say. Our preemie babies... gifts from God.
Now I see you growing into a strong, sturdy young men, and I could not be more proud of both of you. You have a charming personalities— you are inquisitive, affectionate and polite. You love to play most sports and are quite good at all of them. I will tell you something...I will always love you. You will always be my firstborn sons, my twins boys...such an amazing blessing! No matter what the circumstances, I promise to love you unconditionally. You can tell me anything and rest assured that I will never love you any less.

Boys, on this special day...DOUBLE DIGITS...I pray, "God, thank you for giving me a Alexander and Matthew. Thank you for blessing me with them. Please keep them safe and watch over every step they take— hold them in the palm of your hand. Let them grow into a wise, godly, intelligent men. Let them be a light to others in their lives. And let me be the best mother I can be."

The years will fly by and you will be grown before I know it, but my prayer for you will always be the same. Happy Birthday Alexander and Matthew and many blessing upon your special day!