Thursday, September 18, 2008

A little something about me...

A friend of mine sent this to me via e-mail and asked me to play along. I thought it would make a good post for today, since I seem to be a little dried up in the writing department. Enjoy a little peek into "me"!

What I was doing ten years ago?

Mike and I had been married for 3 years and living in our condo in Dublin. I was working as an Assistant Administrator at ManorCare Health Services. I was 30 weeks pregnant with twins (we didn't know boys or girls) and thinking I still had at least 6-8 weeks of the pregnancy ahead of me. Little did I know that in a matter of days I would being giving birth to our now almost 10 yr. old BOYS...Alexander and Matthew!

Five things on my To-Do list today: (oh, if there were only 5!!-HA)

1. Workout
2. Laundry (there is always laundry)
3. Take Catherine to her 7 year old check-up with Dr. Warden
4. Take Alexander and Matthew to football practice
5. Buy/make party favors for Catherine's birthday party tomorrow

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Hire a cleaning lady and a chef.
2. Put a bunch of money aside for higher education (for the kids).
3. Buy a house near the ocean and decorate it completely from the Pottery Barn catalog.
4. INVEST and make more so that my family and I could live comfortably and so I could help out my extended family as needed.
5. Be an anonymous giver to various organizations and charities

Three of my bad habits/qualities:

1. Can't say "no" and tend to take on more than I should.
2 Bite/pick at my nails when I am nervous or bored (gross..I know!)
3. Procrastinate (that's why I am doing this as opposed to my "things-to-do" list above)

Five places I’ve lived: (OK, I added a few)

1. Carmel, NY
2. Carmel, CA
3. Chico, CA-college
4. Kingston, RI-college
5. Monterey, CA
6. Pleasant Hill, CA
7. Walnut Creek, CA
8. Morgan Hill, CA
9. Dublin, CA
10. Roseville,CA

Five jobs I’ve had: (although I have had many more than 5)

1. Waitress- O'Kane's, Monterey Jack's, Bueno Rico's, University Pub (to name a few).
2. Hotel Front Desk Clerk-The Monterey Hotel and the Doubletree Hotel
3. Weight Loss Consultant- Jenny Craig
4. Human Resources Director- ManorCare Health Services
5. Domestic Engineer/Mom - The best job yet!

Five books I’ve recently read (or listened to on my iPod since I have very little time to actually sit down and read):

1. Eat, Pray, Love
2. I Was A Much Better Mom Before I Had Kids
3. Skinny Bitch
4. Big Words for Little People (read to Andrew today)
5. October issue of Family Fun magazine and In Style magazine

So, that's it! Wanna play? Complete your own and send it to some friends. It might be fun to learn a little something about them that perhaps you didn't know.