Well, the week escaped me and I forgot to post my "Monday" entry for my Simple Woman's Daybook. So, no time like the present and given my overly chaotic week, this would be a good time to slow down, focus and look at simplifying!For Today, September 5, 2008…
Outside my Window… a beautiful sunny morning. The grass is wet from the sprinklers and the yard is in need of some attention (Mike cut down 2 trees least weekend and all the debris is still around).
I am thinking… about the hectic morning I had getting the kids off to school and feeling bad that they left with feeling like I was angry with them. I am also thinking about....well, there is too much to list. I feel like my brain is going to burst.
I am thankful for… my mom who came to visit last weekend and stayed a couple of additional days to help me get my house in order. We, well mainly she, did much needed deep cleaning in areas of my house I just never get to. LOVE YOU MOM!
From the kitchen… Oh dishes that need to be done - I’ll get on that soon I swear - as for dinner tonight? No idea. I tend to figure that out when I get in there. I can tell you that dinner will be simple tonight..IT'S FRIDAY!
I am creating… lesson plans and craft ideas for Catherine's 1 st grade Faith Formation class starting in a week and a half.
I am going…to go to Costco today..the cupboards are bare!
I am wearing…Shorts and a t-shirt.
I am reading…mostly all of the paperwork that the kids get sent home from school with everyday. Wow, there is so much to keep up with. I wish it was a good book instead.
I am hoping… for greater simplicity in my life and my family’s life.
I am hearing… someone singing on Sesame Street mingled with the sound of the garbage truck out in the neighborhood. Also, the timer going off to tell me it’s time to attend to my laundry …..
Around the house… is evidence that I might have had a housekeeper this week, but no, it was just my mom. I love the fact that my carpets are clean and my ceiling fans are dusted. I get all warm and fuzzy inside when my house is clean! I just wish it cold always look like this!
One of my favorite things… A clean house!
.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week (or weekend, since it is Friday)… Costco today, soccer games tomorrow, Ministry Fair at church Sat and Sun., plan Catherine's birthday party (yes, it is only 1 week away and I haven't even sent out invitations), and work on getting rid of 20 things each day this week.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you…Well, I guess no picture for now. My computer is giving me problems and not letting me upload any photos. I can't waste anymore time trying to figure it out. If I get it working, I'll post one later. But for now, how about just a thought...
Pray, hope and don't worry!