Thursday, August 28, 2008

100 things about ME

    I came across this idea on other "blogs". Since I have very few readers, I thought "what the heck"..I'll give it try! So.. beware, I am a pretty boring person with a not so excitng life, but here goes:
    100 things you may or may not know about me!

  1. My full name is Jennifer Marie Gordon
  2. My maiden name is Griffon
  3. My birthday is April 8, 1970
  4. My birthstone is a diamond!
  5. I am married to a guy with two names (Mike and Donald).
  6. I was born in Carmel, New York.
  7. I moved to Carmel California.
  8. I have blue eyes.
  9. I have "dirty blonde" hair.
  10. The blonde comes from a bottle
  11. Naturally, I have mousey-brown nothing hair.
  12. I have 5 children.
  13. That surprises some people...even me!
  14. I have 4 boys and 1 girl.
  15. My first 2 children are identical twin boys.
  16. My first 4 children were born in September.
  17. My fifth child was born in August.
  18. I loved being pregnant.
  19. I’d do it again if I weren’t so old.
  20. I’d love to have a professional organizer tackle my whole house.
  21. I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up. That scares me. I’m almost 39.
  22. I spend so much time in Costco that the people at the door don't even check my card anymore and ask if everything’s been okay if they haven’t seen me in a while. “A while” is usually less than a week.
  23. I don’t like clutter. But I still have quite a bit of it.
  24. I wish I were crafty.
  25. If I had it to do all over again, I think I’d be a nurse.
  26. I’d rather be hot than cold.
  27. I hate when closet, drawers or cabinet doors are left open.
  28. I have one sister and one brother.
  29. My sister has twins too.
  30. Bad customer service infuriates me.
  31. Given the power of Google, I don't understand why people buy cookbooks.
  32. I love to cook.
  33. I do not like to bake.
  34. I love to eat.
  35. I have only been out of the country to Mexico, Jamaica and Canada. I don't even have a passport. I would like to fix this.
  36. I currently drive a Ford Expedition.
  37. I hate housework.
  38. But I love a clean organized house..( I wish I could have one).
  39. I drink two cups of coffee every day.
  40. Stay out of my way until I get the first one.
  41. I’m left handed.
  42. I’m a champion procrastinator.
  43. My husband and I are opposites.
  44. That's why we work. (I think :)
  45. I believe marriage takes work.
  46. I believe marriage is FOREVER.
  47. I love my Catholic faith and I'm thankful for it each and every day.
  48. I am involved in several ministries at my church .
  49. I am thankful for being part of a very active and vibrant parish.
  50. My mom and dad are still married and each other's best friends.
  51. All of my grandparents are deceased.
  52. I wish I could have met my mom's parent's...they died when she was a child.
  53. I went to CSU, Chico for college.
  54. I spent a year at the University of Rhode Island and loved every minute of it.
  55. I was in a sorority (Alpha Delta Pi).
  56. I think finishing this list will be a challenge.
  57. I want to complete a triathlon by the time I am 40.
  58. I want to learn sign language (more than the very little that I now know).
  59. All of my children know several signs..(well, Brendan is learning).
  60. I don't have many hobbies...I wish I did.
  61. I don’t try hard enough to keep in touch with old friends.
  62. My DVR is filled mostly with children’s shows.
  63. I would love to have one of those surprise redecorating shows to come and do something totally wonderful to my house.
  64. I absolutely cannot read in the car...BAARRFF!
  65. I love lighting "smell good" candles in the Fall/Winter.
  66. I love decorating for the holidays.
  67. I hate putting the decorations away after the holidays.
  68. I am a middle child.
  69. I think birth order explains SO much about us.
  70. My 20 year high school reunion is this next.
  71. I am not sure if I will be attending (look for future posts regarding of my decision).
  72. I miss living near the ocean, but I don't miss the fog.
  73. I love warm summer nights.
  74. I would love to be able to sing and/or dance.
  75. I really, really hate going to the dentist.
  76. I prefer Diet-Pepsi to Diet Coke.
  77. I have voted in every possible election since I was 18.
  78. I typically vote Republican...but not always straight party lines.
  79. I am pro-life.
  80. I am in favor of Prop. 8 (Protect Marriage Act).
  81. My husband is a registered Democrat but will be voting for McCain in November. (YES!!)
  82. I "yell" at my kids..more than I want to.
  83. I hate that about myself.
  84. I don't understand where all the laundry comes from ( I can never take a day off or else...!)
  85. I look up to my father.
  86. I admire my mother.
  87. I treasure good friends.
  88. I don't have any tattoos (although I have come precious close on 2 occasions...Thank you God for being present!).
  89. I don't like self-centered people.
  90. Sometimes I'm afraid of what people might think.
  91. I regret some of my past but know it made me who I am.
  92. I talk to my mom or sister almost everyday on the phone.
  93. I wish I talked to my brother more often...I do love and care about him and his family.
  94. I hate snakes..really, I am terrified of them!
  95. I am not crazy about pets, but will probably get one for my kids anyways..probably a dog!
  96. I hate the look in my kids' eyes when I get mad at them
  97. Everyday I hope to become a better mother, wife, and friend.
  98. I have three piercings in each ear lobe and one at the top of my left ear (but I never wear any earrings except in my first holes)
  99. I can't fall asleep in the middle of the day... even when I'm tired.
  100. I made it to 100!!


I think I will have to do another list of 100 because I still have lots more things to share. Now that I made it to 100, I feel like I am on a roll! Stay tuned! (that is, if you are interested!).