Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Look Mommy, I gave Brendan a Mohawk!"

OHHH look a my Brendan and what his mean big big brother Andrew did to him. You ask, where was I when this was taking place. Well, the good mom that I am got overly involved on a phone call with our insurance company. Brendan was in his crib napping and Andrew was in a "Barney trance", so I thought it was my opportunity to take care of some much needed business.

The call took longer than I expected. I did hear Brendan fussing in his crib (or so I thought). I still thought Andrew was watching his show. But, much to my surprise my darling Andrew had pulled Brendan out of his crib! Yes, I said it, somehow? (I don't think I want to know how), but he manged to get his brother out of his crib.

At that point they both proceeded into my bathroom and Andrew starting working on his new career as a hairdresser . Meanwhile, I am still downstairs on the phone (I know BAD MOM). Andrew got into my shampoo and lathered his brothers head 2 inches thick. I still heard crying but again, I thought all he wanted was out of his crib, not that his brother was playing hairdresser with him.

Next thing I knew, Andrew was standing in the kitchen with Brendan by his side and saying to me "Look Mommy, I gave Brendan a Mohawk!". At that point, I quickly ended my phone call and grabbed my camera! (OK, I grabbed Brendan first and checked him for injuries). All was good and Andrew was oh so proud of himself!