In all my "blog-surfing" I came across this wonderful blog and I decided that I was going to take part in the journaling idea. It will be a way for me to share with you, my readers (if I even have any) a little look into my day, my plans and my thoughts while I try to focus on the simplicity of the everyday moments around me. I want to try to slow down, take time and enjoy the moment...the day.
So, each Monday I will post my "daybook" If you are interested in creating one of your own and taking part for yourself, click here and get started: The Simple Woman.
For Today... August 25, 2008
Outside My Window..... a lovely cool morning with a slight breeze.
I'm Thinking..... It is Monday and I want this to be an easier, less hectic week than last. It is also Taylor's birthday (my niece). I need to call her (or text her, since that is probably what she would prefer!)
I'm Thankful For.... a fresh start for everything...a new week when we can try again.
From the Kitchen..... An almost empty pot of coffee (I have been up since 5:30am), and a turkey tenderloin defrosting for dinner.
I am Wearing....A tank top and shorts. Need to shower, but want to exercise first.
I am Creating.... "Goal Jars" for the kids soccer teams (the kids score goals, the parents fill the jar with change and the money goes toward the end of the season party)
I am Going..... TO THE GYM, after Brendan takes his morning nap! Tonight, taking Alexander and Matthew to soccer practice.
I am Reading... I Was A Much Better Mom Before I Had Kids ( a great book given to me by my dear friend Jen P. who really gets me).
I am Hoping.... to be more positive this week and not so stressed out!
I am Hearing... my little men playing together.. Andrew is being silly and making Brendan crack up! Oh I love it! I need to record them doing this because one day I'll want to watch these moments! Hi-5 is on the TV and the older kids are off to school.
Around the House.... clothes being folded. Many more loads to do. Beds to be made. Play room is halfway decent. Bathrooms need a scrubbing. Just about everything needs to be done.
One of My Favorite Things..... a nice weekend with my family without a bunch of stuff to do. We actually didn't do too much this weekend (except hang out together), which was a nice change from the typical hectic weekends.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week..... I have a list a mile long of stuff that needs to get done around the house. :) The kids have dentist appointments. I have Catechist Training at church (I am going to be assisting in the 1st grade class for Faith Formation). Of course, soccer practices and more soccer practices. And based on my new goals, I hope to make it to they gym at least 4 days this week.
Here is a Picture I am Sharing With You.... Last night at Mass there were 5 baptisms and I was reminded of how fast this past year has gone. I was also reminded of Brendan's baptism as well as all of my other children's special day. I am one of the Baptism Coordinators at church and I have different responsibilities in terms of preparing families for the baptism of their child. One of my jobs is to stand at the ambo during the baptism of each child and announce their names right before they are baptised. For some reason, last night I was totally choked up. The Spirit was present and I was a bit overtaken by the moment. It was just so beautiful to see the love and commitment from the families. Besides the fact, I was blown away by the number of people at Mass last night. When I say it was a packed house, it is an understatement. We are so blessed to be part of such an alive and active parish community!
