Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Here we go again!

So the children started school yesterday. Fourth grade for Matthew and Alexander and 1st grade for Catherine. Lots of changes for them this year. Alexander and Matthew are in separate classes for the first time since they started school and Catherine is now going to school "all day". In terms of the boys being separated, I think I having more trouble with it then they are. I mean, I guess there was no real reason for separating them, except for the mere sake of doing it. Therefore I am having some second thoughts. Alexander is thrilled with his teacher. She is young, cute, outgoing and loves sports. Matthew wasn't as impressed with his teacher. She is very nice, but more quiet or shall I say "flat" than Matthew would like. Alexander also has more "friends/acquaintances" in his class than Matthew does. He had a "not so great day" and came home a bit bummed. I am hoping today will be a better day for him. Ya know, we had the talk with him last night..."give it time...it was just the first day...we have heard great things about her....your teachers always like you....yaddy yadda yah!!" Now if I can just get the pit out of my stomach and hope that all my so-called "advice" actually comes true!

Catherine had a great day. We are thrilled with her teacher, Mrs. Yunk. She is the same 1st grade teacher that Matthew and Alexander had. We loved her and in fact, she became a good friend of mine. Catherine is going to have a great year!

They are growing up so fast. I have trouble thinking of them as any older than they are right now, today. I've always had problems with that, I suppose. When they were three I couldn't imagine them being older than three. When they are twenty, I imagine it will be hard to see them as adults, instead of kids. It's amazing to me sometimes when I think about their lives and everything cool they have done. How far the boys have come come from being tiny infants in incubators in an intensive care unit and how far Catherine has come with her speech and language development. How confidant and strong they are. How they walk in a room, make friends, take risks, and do all these things that I couldn't have imagined doing at age 9 and 6. I am amazed, often, at how someone like myself can raise these kids who are bright, independent and just all around good kids! We are so blessed.
Matthew, Alexander and Catherine in front of the house at 7am before Dad took them for a
1st day of school breakfast at Waffle Barn


Come on guys...just a few more...pleeaasse!!


Andrew wanted in on the picture taking action! He will be in kindergarten before we know it! Alexander & Matthew "in-line" for their SEPARATE classes! "Have a great day guys!"

Miss Catherine all ready to embark on her first day of 1st grade. "Have a great day pookie"