I am not feeling sad about it, more incredulous than anything else. FORTY! How on earth did that happen? What happened to the last 20 years? I am sure I was 20 years old just last week or the week before.
My 30's have been quite a decade. I won’t lie to you, sometimes they were really stressful (and still are). If you are a single young thing in your 20s or don’t yet have kids, go do some things you might not get around to once you have babies, like joining the Peace Corps, traveling or wearing skinny jeans in public.
Now I don't have many regrets about my 30s, but my mid-30s did tend to kick me in the booty. Having 5 babies (3 in my 30's), has been quite a ride at times. I feel like my 40's are going to be my “hey I have finally figured this life thing out” decade! Only 26 days (who's counting) of my 30's left to close it out in style and kick 40’s butt! (I better get to work)
Any way, most of the time I feel the same as I did a decade ago and I’m amazed I am actually responsible for five young human beings! WOW!