I love Saint Patrick's Day.
I love make a big deal of this festive day.
I want my kids to be proud of their Irish heritage.
I think it strengthens our family as a whole! (all of our heritage, but St. Patricks Day is near and dear to my heart)
This year, my mom and dad were here for our mini-celebration...YAY!
I always decorate the house wiht my favorite Irish decorations.
We enjoyed a traditional Irish meal...corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread.
Along with some other favorites that aren't necessarily Irish, but green in color...green milk, Lucky Charms cereal, lime Jello.
For almostthe past 9 years (since Alexander and Matthew were 2) we have been visited by "the leprechauns". The kids look forward it every year. They talk about the pranks that leprechauns pull and the treats they leave.
Mr. O'Malley and his frends did not dissappoint this year.
The kids excitedly woke me up to find all of the shenanigans that had been left for them.
(PICTURES COMING SOON)
And may your house always be too small to hold all your friends!
~ An Irish blessing
