Found these gems in my daily Lenten read...Never forget to be truthful and kind. Hold these virtues tightly. Write them deep within your heart.
------
Wisdom gives:
A long good life
Riches
Honor
Pleasure
Peace
-----
------
Wisdom gives:
A long good life
Riches
Honor
Pleasure
Peace
-----
I would have you learn this great fact: that a life of doing right is the wisest life there is.
--------
The man who knows right from wrong and has good judgment and common sense is happier than the man who is immensely rich!
---------
--------
The man who knows right from wrong and has good judgment and common sense is happier than the man who is immensely rich!
---------
Note: I think it is most important to teach my children good judgment--good judgment about SO many things. It's just going to get more and more important the older and older they get. I'm trying to teach Alexander and Matthew about using good judgment in situations where I am beginning to give them more freedom and responsibility (ie-riding their bikes to the park, staying home alone for short periods of time). I am afraid that this is just the beginning-this is the easy stuff ...middle school next year...then teenagers and oh my--good judgment will be key!! Sometimes the matter of life and death!
