This is my way to chronicle the randomness of my life...
-1-
I am still unpacking and doing laundry from our Carmel get-away (except for my laundry). I feel like I need a break from the kids. Getting out of town for a few days was a break, but it was also a lot work. I am feeling a little "burnt out". I need to make some time, away from the house/kids a priority.
-2-
I was over at my friend Jen's house this morning. I love her for so many reasons. I have only known her for 3 years (Andrew and her youngest son are 1 day apart in age), but I feel like we have been friends forever. She just gets me. We share so much in common. I wish I could see her more often and spend more "quality" time with her. I admire her for her ability to "read me" and for her creativity. She just designed a new home office space that ROCKS! I am going to copy her. Beware Jen... me and my digital camera are coming over soon. Thanks for being the friend I need!
-3-
I am enjoying having the kids off from school. Not having a schedule that needs to be strictly adhered to is welcomed. I am enjoying evening free homework, not waking up to make lunches at 6am and not having to drive carpool.
-4-
-5-
I am Pregnant---I bet that got your attention! HA!! Just kidding.
-6-
I just bought my advent candles... and while I was at it I bought some pretty gold ones too (to replace the purple and pink ones on Christmas morning). You have a week and a half to get ready. It's such a beautiful season to celebrate as a family. We love advent, and it gives so much meaning to Christmas for us. If the only thing you do this year for advent is get an advent wreath, you'll be adding traditions that your children will never forget. Christmas would not be Christmas in our house without the nightly lighting of the advent candles
I am trying to get excited about Christmas!!! I think I will try to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. I just need to clean, clean, clean first. It makes me feel better to know that I am decorating a clean house. I will just have to make the kids buy into that......."Listen kids....You can't scatter Legos all over the floor or get your toys out or play with your dart guns downstairs because it's time to get out the Christmas tree!" I don't think they will go for that...
Have a great weekend friends!