Sunday, November 16, 2008

7 Quick Takes/Thoughts from my week....

So I got this idea from Jen over at ConversionDiary.com. Anyway, this blogger challenged her readers to do a seven quick takes blog entry on Fridays like she does (I know it is Sunday but, better late than never). So since I didn't have a decent entry, without any thought involved, I thought I'd give this a shot. Basically this post is 7 quick random points that don't really merit a full post. I've always got random stuff floating around my head and I thought it would be a good way to journal my week and my thoughts.

-1-

For some reason I have had a terrible case of insomnia this week. For the past 4 nights I fall asleep just fine but by midnight, I am tossing and turning and I have seen every hour throughout the night. I finally gave up this morning and got out of bed at 4:15am. It's going to be a long day!

-2-
My friend
Laurie has a header on her blog counting down how many days until Christmas. As of today...39!!! Laurie, your blog is stressing me out and I may need to stop visiting you until after Christmas! I know so many people who are DONE with their Christmas shopping. I don't even have a list done... (not to mention the $$$ to accomplish the list). Time is ticking but I am resolving to simplify Christmas this year and spend more time focusing on the "reason for the season".

-3-
I am really getting into Facebook. I've been a "member" for a few months now. I love the picture sharing and being "friends" with people who I wouldn't be in contact with if not for Facebook. If you are not on Facebook, check it out and "let's be friends".

-4-
Gas is $2.09 a gallon at my neighborhood gas station. I wish there was a way to buy a whole bunch right now to save up for the future.

-5-

As much as I love soccer and football season, I am THRILLED it is over! Yesterday was the last games of the season. Catherine's soccer team ended up undefeated....GO ANACONDAS! Matthew and Alexander had a great season too and they each scored too many goals to keep count. Their flag football season was a blast for them. In yesterdays game Matthew threw a beautiful pass to Alexander who ran for an long touchdown! It was a nice way to end the season with wins all around. But, like I said, I am glad to be reclaiming my weekends again...well, at least until basketball starts!

-6-
On Thursday night, my family and I volunteered at our church to prepare a meal and serve the homeless in our area. It is a wonderful organization called the Gathering Inn and our parish is one of the host churches that participates in feeding the sheltering those that do not have a home. Although at first the kids were not overly thrilled to be going (the Patriots were on TV), about half way through the evening they asked me when we could do this again. All of us were enriched by the experience and we will definitely be helping out again soon.

-7-
I want to become more disciplined with myself and my "routines". I've gotten out of my usual routines the past few weeks and now feel like I'm drifting a bit. Time to find my spiritual and emotional footing again.