Side note: This was not the best soccer season for us. Alexander and Matthew were placed on a new team that lacked talent. They were by far the best players on the team . More the reason that the following e-mail made me proud...
Jen--- In case I don't get a chance to talk with you at a game on Saturday, I wanted to let you know how special Matthew & Alexander are. Obviously, they're both very talented players, but beyond that, they're very special as far as being friendly and patient with the kids on the team who aren't on par with their talent. I'm sure it must get frustrating for them sometimes when it seems that they're 'carrying' the team, but they've never expressed any frustration and have shown real sportsmanship and leadership by taking the time to bring the other kids into the game. A few games back, when we were running up the score on another team, the coach asked them both to "show some mercy" on the other team, and they instantly started passing the ball to others, even when they had opportunities to score even more. That's an amazing quality for 9-10 year olds to have, and they did a wonderful job. I've been so impressed watching them do their best to share the ball with others making sure everyone gets a chance to participate. I've honestly never seen 2 kids on any team - soccer, baseball, basketball who have shown such a generous spirit. Be proud - you've done a great job raising your kids to be more than jocks, and it really shows. It's always good news when we see the "wonder twins" show up for a game.
Take care, and I'll see you Saturday
.Dave (Danny's dad)