Monday, November 3, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Monday, November 3


Outside my window...darkness at 6:00am! (except Brendan hasn't adjusted to the time change and he has already been up for an hour).
I am hearing...the dishwasher-- I forgot to run it last night.
I am thinking...about the election (though I grow oh. so. weary of it).
I am thankful...for a rainy weekend...cancelled soccer games.
I am wearing...my standard cold morning jammies.
From the kitchen...breakfasts and lunches needing to be made.
I am creating...Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes for our Faith Formation service project.
I am reading...A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (actually listening to it.... I just downloaded it onto my ipod).
I am hoping...that someday I'll learn not to stress out so much about the little things.
I am praying...for resolution with a family situation.
Around the house...time to put away all the Halloween decorations and change over to my "Fall/Thanksgiving" decorations (my favorite). I would also like to tackle some big indoor projects like painting the staircase spindles, paint the laundry room, touch up all the door jams and baseboards (but all of those "to-do's" are nearly impossible with w 3 yr. old and a 1 yr old wandering around).
One of my favorite things... watching Andrew kiss his brother's and sister goodnight. then places the sign of the cross on their foreheads and says "God bless you".
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...just taking this week a day at a time.. will try to enjoy my kids this week and not fall into the rut of obligation.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing..
That about says it all!
unless your voting for Obama
(I didn't say that!...yes...I did...lol!!