FOR TODAY November 24, 2008...Outside my window...it is dark and cold. I can feel the cold a little by the window.
I am hearing...total silence as the house is still asleep....it is golden!
I am thinking... trying to mentally plan my day; anticipate the obstacles and tantrums, mentally resolve to practice patience and give more of my time to those in need.
I am thankful for...Quiet mornings that I can gather my thoughts and lists for the day.
From the kitchen...left-overs today---but tasty ones. I made a delicious white bean and butternut squash soup yesterday and we still have some of a mediterranean shrimp pasta that I made on Saturday night.
I am wearing...PJ's...(it is 5am)
I am creating...lists, lists, and more lists. The holidays tend to do that to me. I recently started keeping a spiral bound notebook - nothing fancy - it has my grocery list, errand list, Christmas shopping list, and it has a nice pocket page in front where I have some coupons, you get the idea.
I am going...to accomplish things around the house today- straighten up the garage, clean the living room and family room (actually the kids are going to do that), make some appointments, laundry, and take the kids to the park...something fun and FREE!
I am reading...recipes.
I am hoping...to get some "alone" time this week. Mike will be off after today and I would like to get out and do a few things by myself.
I am praying..for safe travels for those traveling over this Thanksgiving week....Mom and Dad to North Carolina/Florida and my family down to visit my sister on Thanksgiving Day. Also, that everyone has wonderful time with family.
Around the house...I have plenty of laundry to do today. I'll be doing a good cleaning in the living room and family room especially, preparing for Christmas decorations to go up next weekend!
One of my favorite things...feeling a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
A few plans for the rest of the week...spending time with family, giving thanks for the many blessings in my life....(plus about 1.000 other things not as important as the aforementioned)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...Catherine-sound asleep
Visit for more SWD at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/