Friday, October 10, 2008

Airing My Dirty Laundry

Most days, all I feel like I do is laundry..again and again and again. It's not the sorting, washing or folding that bugs me, it's the putting away. I wish we had a giant laundry room with a huge folding table, a tv, lots of drawers and hangers and of course a coffee machine. That way I could eliminate the many trips upstairs to put everything away in each child's dresser. Everything could be in one place. All the time- except of course when we're wearing it!

A couple years ago I decided to paint my laundry room in hopes that is would give me a little pick-me- up due to the fact that I spend so much darn time in there. Well, it didn't help and I am feeling again like it is time to change the color. My laundry rooms feels like a broom closet to me. It also serves as the main thoroughfare for myself and my family to come into and go out of the house. It leads right into our garage. It’s difficult to get the full dimensional feeling of this room in a picture, but I will try. This, people, is my laundry room:
Sigh. This picture was taken from just outside the door opening into the laundry room. Notice that there is not a whole lot of extra room for fancy folding tables or much else. I would so love a well-organized laundry room like this… Or one like this where I could imbibe in my favorite afternoon Go Girl at the island/bar and do laundry at the same time… Or relax in a quaint, little room like this…

Or revel in a completely adorable one with a window and a light fixture and wicker baskets like this… Or one that allows me to watch soaps on the television (get it, soaps? ha!) at the same time… Or one that is so overwhelming wonderful that I would spend my entire life in the room and possibly open a business in which people that are cursed with laundry woes could bring their laundry to me, and I would do it for free an incredibly small fee. All I would need is a little spot on one of the many counters for my laptop, and I could blog too! Happy laundering!