Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Nights

I can't figure out if I love 'em or hate 'em. Sunday nights, I'm usually running around like crazy to get dinner on the table because we usually don't get home from church until 7pm. I know, it's late, but we LOVE going to the 5:15pm teen Mass at our church. As much as I always try to have something prepared for dinner before church, it is still a race against the clock to get it on the table once we arrive home. Yes, by the end of a weekend you would think I would be relaxed, well-rested and rejuvenated to face the upcoming week...NOT!!! Sunday nights always involve church, a late dinner, getting everything in order for the upcoming school week, and going through backpacks and signing my life away on all the school papers.

Right now there are 5 kids yelling up stairs. One is naked. Or maybe two, I haven't checked for awhile. I'm sure a fight will break out too. That's when I think "oh I love 'em!" Everyone will be off and busy the next morning, and AWAY from each other. But the pure exhaustion I find myself in by Sunday night...I hate that. I've usually had enough of everyone, but not enough of one thing...and that's time to myself. I feel slight resentment towards everyone, husband included. (who happens to have enough energy to awake each morning at 4am to go the the gym and...exercise!) Oh, that sounds good. Somehow it always gets away from me, but I know it's no one's fault but my own. So I'll get everyone in bed now, fold some more laundry and watch Army Wives. Then fall into bed for a good night's sleep. I know I'll feel better in the morning. I always do somehow.