Saturday, October 11, 2008

Have The Kids...Get The Mom Haircut...

You know, the mom haircut!!! It's the haircut no one needs to see how many car seats I have in my backseat...all they need to see is my hair!

Every time I’m set to have my hair cut, especially when I have the urge to get it cut short, I always say to my stylist, “Don’t give me a mom cut". Seriously, I am so fearful of cutting my hair and someone actually thinking that I am a mom (not that the 5 kiddos in tow doesn't give it away). I afraid that my idea of a cute, stylish and easy haircut is going to end up being disastrous. I’ve generally had short to medium length hair my entire life (and it isn't even that long right now). I always feel better in shorter hair and I know that it is more "me". Whenever I start growing out my hair it is typically because I am feeling like a “mom” and I think the longer hair will make me feel younger and less "momish". It's funny, I didn’t think anything of having short hair at 20, and now, it’makes me feel older somehow.

So, I am off to get a "new-do" today. I am in a I want to do something "semi-drastic" kind of a mood. I am just getting a cut..no color today...no money! That will just have to wait. until next time. If Victoria Beckham and her new pixie crop can be referred to as elegant and sexy and feminine..why not me? I am not going that short (becuz I know I am no Posh Spice), but I will aim for something that will help to squash the idea of "mom hair"!
TA DA! (not sure I am liking it...but it's done!